Senior Supplier Development Engineer, Instruments##Sunnyvale, California
585 Worley Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job DescriptionJob ID: CEP002977
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert? System, we've taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for a better way and help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us at www.cepheid.com or follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Evaluate and qualify suppliers based on selection criteria. * Audit and perform assessments (scorecard) at supplier sites. * Establish, track, and trend key supplier performance metrics. * Use data analytics to make recommendations on actions. * Identify, quantify, prioritize, and drive supplier improvement projects. * Review, approve, and release engineering change orders to suppliers. * Develop and execute qualification plans with engineering and manufacturing teams. * Review, initiate, and represent supplier recommended design changes to internal engineering teams. * Understand and represent supplier capabilities to engineering teams during program design changes / development. * Drive Cepheid requirements at supplier, while representing supplier capabilities within Cepheid * Review, drive corrective actions, and approve supplier issues (Non conforming material, corrective action requests, etc). * Provide input and update internal supplier selection and qualification processes.
Education or Experience (in years):
* Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience with an Engineering Bachelor's of Science degree * A technical degree in either: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a technical competency in this area based on related experience.
Knowledge and skills:
* Demonstrated technical and analytical ability. * Strong / Concise verbal and written communication skills. * Experienced and comfortable with executive level presentations (.ppt / \"elevator pitches\"). * Familiar with ISO and GMPMD requirements. * Demonstrated experience working directly with internal functional organizations and suppliers on a regular basis. * Demonstrated experience with manufacturing processes and controls related to area of expertise. * High degree of professional acumen. * Demonstrated experience with high volume electrical/mechanical manufacturing processes - automated processes, manual assembly, and functional tests. * Demonstrated experience with production line setup and validation. * Demonstrated experience with equipment selection, operation, and processing * Demonstrated experience with manufacturing approaches for high/low volume/mix. * Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers. * Understanding of processing limitations and design characteristics
* Some travel domestically and internationally is required (15%)
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
* Masters Degree (business or technical) * APICs certification * Must be willing and able to travel to supplier locations - primarily regionally located * Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Power Point, Agile, and SAP * Ability to read and interpret product Bill of Materials (BOM's) * Must be a self-starter and be able to operate independent of day to day supervision * Self-starter with the ability to adapt, critical thinking skills, and problem solve under pressure
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.