Seeking a Gnotobiotic Vivarium Head!
If you have previous vivarium management experience and are seeking a new opportunity to run a Gnotobiotic Vivarium, this is the opportunity for you!
We are looking for someone who has any experience with working in a gnotobiotic environment.
Reporting to the VP of Research, the gnotobiotic vivarium head, is responsible for creating and maintaining all aspects of a world-class breach-free vivarium facility. Key tasks include the following:
- Build a new gnotobiotic facility - including ordering, designing SOPs, testing and QCing sterility, maintaining the highest level of sterility requirements
- Build team - starting with one gnotobiotic technician, with potential to grow the team more after 18 months
- Maintain a gnotobiotic mouse facility. Responsibilities include mouse husbandry; breeding; maintaining cages; record keeping; cleaning of equipment and facility; ordering supplies; building, modifying, and sterilizing gnotobiotic isolators and other supplies
- Collaborate with researchers to maintain controlled experiments to ensure high quality biologically results
- Assist scientific team in planning and performing experiments with the gnotobiotic mice. This includes but not limited to oral inoculation and sample collection and preparation
- Maintaining a breach-free gnotobiotic vivarium and a colony to support all experimental needs for the company
- Critical thinking skills and clear communication are a necessity to provide strategic experimental guidance and contribute to data interpretation with the team
- A strong ability to flex with the changing needs of a nimble fast paced research organization
- Work independently and as a member of a team to rapidly assess vivarium issues, questions, or breaches and take appropriate action with minimal guidance