Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you're part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U's internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Program Services Team
Program services teams are focused on providing high class, white glove customer service to students, faculty and university partners. This includes providing faculty support, student success services, applicant success and placement teams who all support the student life cycle by providing superior services and proactive coaching that drive incredible in-class and in-field learning outcomes. Their main purpose is to maximize student retention, facilitate field experiences, train and support faculty, and support students enrolled in our partner University programs, and ensuring post-graduation success. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Providing assistance in project management, running reports, and managing data entry and data maintenance
* Assisting in optimization of the student pipeline and creating admittance packages
* Supporting the needs of students enrolled in our University partner programs and professors managing lectures and group discussions
* Conduct internal and external stakeholder communication
* Partner with site locations to identify quality internship placement for enrolled students
Things that should be in your background:
* Must be currently enrolled or have recently completed a bachelors or masters degree. Majors in business, management, administration, education, social sciences, communications, and human resources preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to research and understand technical documents
* Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives
* Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role
* Strong interest in customer service, with a commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success
* Familiarity with online learning technology
* Familiarity with customer data base or tracking software
* Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software
* Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team
* Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world's best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row? approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
Associated topics: application, backend, back end, develop, devops, perl, programming, sde, sdet, software engineer